Packet Pick-Up & Race Day Registration:
- Here are two documents that will be very helpful on Race Day: Pre Event Athlete Guide and Participant Parking Map.
- Thursday, Feb. 6th @ Bissingers’ New Home, The Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Factory on the Italian Hill neighborhood. (5025 Pattison Ave, 63110)
from 12:00 am – 7:00 pm – we’ve prepaid/reserved 5 parking meters in front of the cafe for your convenience
- Friday, Feb. 7th @ Big Shark Bicycle Company (1155 South Big Bend Blvd, 63117) from 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 8th: Packet Pick-Up & Race Day Registration @ Bissingers’ New Home, The Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Factory
(5025 Pattison Ave, 63110) from 7:30 am – 8:30 am.
Please note price increase for Race Day Registration!
- WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE PRE-REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK-UP over Race Day Registration to avoid lines.
- Race: Run for the Chocolate 5K Run/Walk begins at 9:00 am
- Awards Presentation: Begins at Bissinger’s New Home, The Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Factory at 10:15 am (just follow the chocolate)!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I pay for my registration by check or credit card during packet pick up? Yes.
- Do I need a confirmation email to pick up my packet? No.
- Where do we park? There are several parking lots available: Bissinger’s main lot (accessible off of Mullanphy Street) or in the lot directly across the street. Parking is free. Please do not park on Collins between Mullanphy and Florida…as it is on the race route. See map link at the top of this page.
- Can someone pick up my packet for me? Yes, you do not need a confirmation or drivers license to pick up for another participant.
- Can I register on race morning? Yes! Registration on race day is $40 for an individual category, $80 for a 2 person team (Off the Market Team), and $120 for a 3 person team (It’s Complicated).
- Can I exchange my shirt size? Clean, unworn shirts can be exchanged onsite post race. Shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
- Are strollers allowed? Yes but at the back of the pack, please.
- Are dogs allowed? Yes but at the back of the pack (pun intended).
- Can I pick up my packet on race morning? Packet pick up will be held from 7:30 am – 8:30 am at Bissinger’s main entrance.
- I missed the awards ceremony, but won an award. How can I obtain my award? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are your criteria for cancelling or shortening the race? By definition, all unforeseeable events or occurrences that may affect the Run for the Chocolate cannot be succinctly defined. We acknowledge that this event is in East Central Missouri, where cold and icy days are common in the winter. As such, the Run for the Chocolate shall occur rain, snow or shine because we understand the training and expense participants have invested in the event. However, if the streets are unsafe at the time the race would start, we reserve the right to postpone, shorten or cancel the event.
- Can I get a refund? The Run for the Chocolate requires an extensive amount of planning and pre-event expenses that include proper permitting, course control, purchasing food and beverages, event t-shirts and drawstring bags, plus race awards. As such, if you decide not to participate or if the race is cancelled, unfortunately we can not provide refunds to participants, sponsors, vendors, or others who have expended funds on the race.